Monday, July 7, 2008

What a Weekend we had

Wow what a weekend we had... alot of hard work put in the yard. Before and after pics and still have things to do!! Have you ever felt you start something and just when you feel you are completing it you find out you need to do more elsewhere?? Always something here to do...
Well the yard is where we spent two days of our holiday,,,, didn't sew on anything here and Im feeling really crappy about it. I gotta stay out of the yard and make some money!! On the other hand we are getting lots of compliments on our yard... so the work is not going without notice.
Yesterday we left for Eugene and the Olympic track and field trials. OH MY so worth going to!!! Pictures were taken when we arrived, by the time we left it was packed with over 21,000 people...Just the thought that these are the athletes that are off to Beijing to compete is very moving. Very normal people and very patriotic. Perfect weekend to have the meet as we celebrated our birthday. Records were broken and hearts were in the same breath. Individuals crossed the finish line with arms in the air and others fell at the line. It was very moving to watch and one I won't soon forget.













Now that Ive played in the yard and at a track meet I am going back to my sewing.... I listed Miranda the witch today!!! Wow she has been in the making for a few weeks now and I just got her done... how sad is that??? And as I sit here and write I have naked bodies in a pile, no clothes made... what am I waiting for?? The clothes fairy to miraculously come in when the door is shut and create them for me? Oh if it were only so easy!! So having said all that... Im off for now!!!

1 comment:

Doreen Frost said...

Hello. I found you through Linda's Blog...Your yard is looking wonderful...and sometimes we need to take a bit of a break from creating and doing other things....although..like you...I always feel quilty and like it's wrong somehow!!! :)

Love your work.

Take care,
Doreen