Monday, May 11, 2009

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day!!! Yesterday was also Steve's birthday and we spent the whole day working in the yard. What started out walking into the side yard and contemplating what to do with the holes created by rotted tree roots, ended up in a full days work. We got this idea to cut out all the grass and lay landscaping fabric down. Shane and I worked for hours digging grass and hauling it across the street. Steve is still working on our pond and waterfall. The cement blocked wall had to be all redone but I have to say its looking better. Of course not done, but before long !! Then we all went to dinner at the Coach House, wonderful food , crappy service last night. Oh well, seems from time to time that happens. Today Steve brought a load of bark mulch up to the house and I filled in where we removed the grass. Seems the slugs like to snack on my new flowers so the nice ring on my nice mulch is snail bait... DIE SUCKERS!!! lol.....I have done so much work in the yard the last few days... Ive worn through 2 more sets of gloves and my fingertips are so sore!!! Sad to say nothing is done on my dolls, I have alot of naked doll bodies just waiting for clothing...... I did manage to clean off my sewing table ... maybe tomorrow that will inspire me to be productive.
We were to be in Cancun this whole week but with the swine flu we cancelled it. Happily!!!! I never really wanted to go to Mexico again, just isn't my favorite place to go in the world. But....next Monday we leave for Orlando, Florida. Since we are taking Shane I am really looking forward to this trip!!! Not sure what will be on the itinerary,,,, Universal studios and maybe a day at Disney. Shane loves roller coasters and I guess I will be his guinea pig mom to ride along with him. I loved roller coasters as a teen but at 46 I may have a heart attack!!! lol ....... Well the shows are all starting tonight and I need to get off of this computer...until my next post!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wow, it's looking beautiful! We used to trap those nasty slugs with beer bait! Just put beer in a shallow dish and set in the garden ~ you'll trap a bunch overnight!

Warm regards,

Mary