Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!

Well as you can see I am enjoying Kauai!!! We were set to take a helicopter ride today but was cancelled due to wet/windy conditions...better luck tomorrow... WE ARE CROSSING OUR FINGERS!!! The temps are mild with cool breezes. Evening is what I call cold and windy. I hope for better weather on Maui saturday. For the time being pray we get nicer weather to enjoy Kauai.
We did have a horrible site to see today. Steve and I went to Poipu beach. We had visited here last year and thought we would sit and enjoy the views of the ocean and watch the surfers etc. We found a picnic bench on the beach and planted our buns facing the ocean. Just shortly after doing so a lifeguard is motioning towards the water and one is on a surf board in the water. Yes as you can only imagine,,, someone was unconscious in the water. And I truly believe he never ever woke up again. It probably took more than 5 minutes to pull him to shore where he was worked on with no responses. Makes you sick to see someone drown... Sad and shocking as well. So kinda put a damper on the day. On a lighter note we had a wonderful lunch at the Olympic cafe in Kapaa. I had a grilled avocado brie sandwich.. OH YUM!!! As a side I had a Lava flow ,,, oh YUM!!! We drove back to our condo and made Strawberry daiquiris and Lava flows and now watching American Idol. Hopefully tomorrow we will be in the copter and I w ill be posting pics tomorrow night....If not we will possibly snorkel and definitely going to do some whale watching. So til tomorrow Aloha!!!

1 comment:

angiesraggedypatch said...

BEAUTIFUL!
Got my fingers crossed for your ride!
hugs~
angie