Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rainbows and water

Beautiful start to our day!!! We were greeted out our balcony with a rainbow over the ocean. I knew it would be a good day after that start. They say this island hasnt had this much rain in years...its just beautifully GREEN!!! Steve and I drove to Lahaina and then onto the dock to get on the Zodiac raft. We barely got out on the ocean and the whales were plentiful. We watched whales breaching, slapping fins, fighting, babies riding on moms backs and baby whalesbreaching about 30 feet and closer from our boat. So worth the money to do!!!!

After being on the ocean for 2 hours we had lunch at Moose McGillycuddys... OH YUM!!! My Mai Tai was heavenly too!! Walked down the street a bit and then decided to drive back to the condo. I need a nap, seems the sun and water took it out of me and I have one of those crappy headaches that are hard to get rid of..... Not sure what our plans are tomorrow as of yet,,, we talked about Steve going on a snorkeling /whale watching trip ...he'd snorkel and Id watch the whales. Im no longer interested in BEING in the ocean waters after seeing a man drown.... I will enjoy being on land or boat. We will play plans for tomorrow by ear..... Enjoy todays pics....

No comments: