Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wow where is the time going?? I haven't blogged in awhile. One more week and Shane leaves..:( Yesterday we had a small barbecue here at the house with friends of his. A few more showed up that didn't make my nuisance picture taking.. lucky them!!! All in all I think Shane really enjoyed the get together and it meant alot to have his friends here to say good luck. I think the friendships here will be missed. Steve ordered a yummy cake... to which I accidentally put my finger in before it was even cut into!! Could've died. I was taking it out of the box carefully... moving onto the dining room table, sat it down and for some reason my finger slipped and there it went into the side of the cake... LOL. Story of my life!!! The cake was very yummy though!! White cake with white buttercream frosting.. MY FAVORITE! Steve invited his parents over... well if you have read my blogs you know that last Thanksgiving his mom had to ruin my day talking politics and religion. Well yesterday she just had to put in her two cents on "WHY WOULD YOU EVER ORDER A WHITE CAKE..... I ALWAYS ORDER CHOCOLATE!!!" UMMM... excuse me??? Did you pay for it?? Sometimes its better to keep ones mouth shut!!! Then as all the boys were together at the dining room table one had to leave, so he said his good byes. As he walked out the door Steve's dad said... WOW he sure looks a hell of a lot better since he lost weight!! Now in a family setting that's fine...but in front of the kids friends??? OH MY!! What happened to if you don't have nothin nice to say don't say nothin at all??? Didn't they watch BAMBI??? lol Anyways.... all in all the day was nice and I am pooped.
I finally got a nice pic of Laresa and Seth!! She has been sick all week with a sinus infection and thinks she looks horrible ( I wish I looked so horrible!!) but I couldn't resist taking the picture. The two of them don't come over together very often so I clicked a pic!!
Today might very well be a day to get a patriotic doll done I have been working on. I need to focus on my sewing and get my mind off of other things depressing. So onward I go...take each day and dread the countdown!!!

No comments: