Tuesday, June 16, 2009


Another beautiful day here?? Cloudy but supposed to warm up. Yesterday was Shane's 20th birthday. Hard to believe its been 20 years!! Kids just grow up too fast! What happened to the days when I was young and Christmas and summer vacations took so long to arrive? Now I blink and they are back!! Or finding out what day bootcamp starts and we had months... now we are counting days!! Life is just moving oh too fast!!!

I have managed to finish a few dolls. Abigail and Ameritina were listed yesterday on ebay. Just plugging away here!! Many naked doll bodies and two scrub tops I need to get working on. Maybe once Shane is off to bootcamp I can focus on my sewing more to take my mind off of things. At least I can hope!


Hey Mom... No I cant take anymore cats!! Five indoors is too many!! Yours are just adorable though... Id be so loving on that little Siamese!!!I am thinking you need to get it fixed and its mom!!!
Another day... gotta get busy and work on something here!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

angiesraggedypatch said...

Some days I wish I could just slow down time with my girls... I know before too long they will be starting out on their own lives and I just hate it! I feel your pain sister!
Your dolls are fabulous by the way!
hugs~
angie

Dolls In The Attic said...

Now Deb..you know you could manage a few more kittens. They are small and wouldn't even know they are around! Hard to believe Shane 20 already! Time does fly..thats for sure!

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Dearest Deb,
I truly know what you are going through....I too have a grown child in the military.It's tough when they leave for boot camp, go off to serve overseas...no one knows until it is their own experience. As military moms, we need to be strong hearted for our children...they want us to be. Our hearts dance with joy and the tears flow down our cheeks, when the letters come and oh how we rejoice when they give us a call!
My beautiful daughter is a staff sergant in the Army and has served two tours, one in Iraq. She safely arrived home Feb. 2008, got married, moved to Alaska to live on base with her military husband (he has another 8 years to go). My daughter is still enlisted and has about 4-5 years to go (she is 26).She loves it and so does he. But it's hard for us moms...I have saved all the letters, e-mails, pictures...and will do a scrap book in the future...
I will say many praryers for your sons safe return...until then God Bless....