Wednesday, June 24, 2009


Well he is gone.... and I will tell you I am the saddest I think I have been in so many years... I guess you don't realize what you have until its gone. All the times he may have upset me or stressed me out, all the laundry etc. Id take it all back in a heartbeat. I try to be strong and I find myself talking to God alot,,,but all it takes is seeing something that reminds me of him, or going in his room and the smell of his cologne in there and I'm a wreck!! I just miss him so much!!
Yesterday morning we met at MEPS... he was sworn in and signed on the dotted line. Then we sat, he ate lunch and they called them all in for travel briefings. There were about 10 of them... About a half hour later they came out of the room.. and out the front door. Shane hugged me tight, told me he loved me and that was it.... he was gone. Some were on one flight and then others on another... He was to arrive in San Antonio at 10:16 BUT there was a bad thunderstorm in Denver where they had to land midway and they ended up in Colorado Springs for the night. Finally this morning at 7 am I had a call from him that they were boarding the plane to Fort Worth, Texas and then on a flight to San Antonio. All finally went as planned and the last text I received from him at 1:55 my time said "I'm sooo torn up physically". That was the last text... I think stress and things really were taking their tole on the three of them. He was really worried that they were all a day behind and would get really yelled at for being late... even though it was due to weather.... So now I sit here alone tonight and just have to learn to deal with what is. I probably wont be much good to anyone for a few days... Don't worry about me I am going to be fine. Its just going to take some time to be alone and deal with it all. I am looking forward to the phone call I hear might be Sunday to tell me his address to write him at. I also know it will probably be about 38 seconds and he will be under stress to do it and get it all out correctly. I just pray things go okay for him and he stays strong.... I will be back to normal before long...

2 comments:

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

My heart goes out to you. My son took his physical and signed his papers two days ago. Reading your post was like reading what I'll be posting in the near future. I truly feel your pain.

angiesraggedypatch said...

All my love sweetie!
Hang in there Mamma~ God is watchin over him!
:)
hugs~
angie