Friday, August 8, 2008

Apparently I must be doing something wrong or right?

I guess now I must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed.... or this just hit me wrong first thing this morning. I received a comment to my newest listing on ebay. It goes as follows with the name witheld.
"You make some lovely dolls and a lot of hard work goes into to them. It is not my intent to hurt your feelings. I was wondering about something though that my friend commented to me about and that was "how come all her dolls look so sad?". I said I noticed that too...it's like their eyes are looking down too much and making them look so sad...but then I am not an expert my any means. "
Now while I can take this with corrective critism I also take it as a heartfelt negative one. If this is my style of eye it is my style of eye... you can either like it or not like it. If I made my eyes like every other dollmaker out there then what else would make them different? I really should consider the source as if I recall its the same person that complained about my shipping being WAY too high compared to anyone elses. I compared auctions to her and then she bid on mine anyways. HMMM..... Am I taking this hard today? YES... guess that heart is worn on my sleeve. So what does this do to me??? Does it make me second guess all I am doing? Are there others that feel or say that same comment?? And do I give it the time of day??? I guess its YES to all those questions... Wow !!! This puts a freaken crimp in my day!!!

5 comments:

Edna Bridges said...

Who put her in charge of the eye patrol? Your eyes are your eyes and your style. I would suggest you tell this lady to *look elsewhere* if she does not like what she sees. Spend your time creating things that please you. That's what creating is all about. I put a block on trouble makers; it makes my day go better. :)
~Edna~

Whispered Secrets of a Primitive Past ~WSOAPP said...

I'm with Edna. Debbie your dolls have such sweet, beautiful faces. What it sounds like to me is this person is trying to analyze you are something. I agree, if she doesn't like it then she should move on to the next doll.

Don't change your style. It's working for you girlie.

Brenda

Back in the Day Originals said...

I'm looking at it from a different point of view.....Art is good when it provokes feelings, right? When she said they had sad eyes, she is feeling something right? Isn't it different for everyone? I think "how sweet", and they make me smile, sort of like a "heart tug".
Your doing everything right, in my opinion! Beautiful!
Oh yeah, I added you to my blog, will you add me to your?

http://backinthedayprimitives.blogspot.com/

Oh yeah, Debbie, I added you to my blog. Will you add me to yours?

Doreen Frost said...

Debbie...Your doll eyes are one of the things that make these dolls your own..and recognizable as YOURS...don't listen to people like this..she obviously has her own agenda for doing this...one that I'm sure is not a nice one!!! Tell her to look elsewhere if she doesn't like what she sees!!!! Keep creating from the heart..your dolls are beautiful!

Hugs,
Doreen

~Star Spangled Pretties~ said...

Hi Debbie,
I just discovered your wonderful blog! I really wouldn't take her comment to heart. Everyone's eye style is different and that is what makes them special and unique, otherwise the dolly world would be a pretty dull place if they all looked alike, right? :0) I think your dolls are perfect just the way they are and don't change a thing, sweets! :0)

-Jody