Tuesday, September 29, 2009


IN Maui!!! For those inquiring minds that want to know where I am!!! I think I need to be home sewing though. We got here on Saturday and I must admit it's very hot this time of year in the 90's and the winds have been horrible!!! The first night we went to Kaanapali and had dinner with Steve's parents, sister and husband.. Steve and I drove up to Mount Haleakala yesterday. 10,020 feet above sea level. We were in clouds and the temperature change about 30 degrees difference. On a clear day I'm sure it would be beautiful looking over the island but we could see nothing but clouds. The top of the crater is nothing pretty to look at but alot of brown lava rock...
So other than the little bit we have done am I having a good time?? NO. Steve and I are the only ones going anywhere. The rest of his family sits all day, watches tv or lays by the pool and reads!!! I can't do it!!! And some of the conversations and actions of certain individuals has been mind boggling!!! Immature and flat our rude. So I sit back... try to get through it,, I mean for heaven sakes I'm in Maui right?? I keep thinking I can be home sewing!!! LOL Steve and I were to be off to Hana today but those plans changed quickly when we had a tsunami warning here in Maui... yeah quite exciting to think about and something I don't want to experience while on a vacation! Luckily that expired and all they got here were larger waves and more frequent of them. SOOOO.... tomorrow Steve and I are off to Hana...NO ONE else is going!!! I want to enjoy it and take pictures along the way...so hopefully tomorrow I have happier news to report!!! Aloha!!

No comments: