Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a whirlwind roller coaster I have been on... CA and back and my mind is so full of things whirling around. It's got me on the edge. I have been wanting to go to the ocean for days now and today I just did it regardless of the weather. It was 53 degrees out and I took off the flip flops put on a jacket and walked along the beach. Listening to my music and just taking in all that was around me... TRUE HAPPINESS. I have so many emotions inside and I find such solace visiting the ocean to just sit and think.
I have heard from Shane a few times through letters this last week. Everything is going very, very well.... he actually has never complained about the heat, the yelling or not being home. So many of the guys are crying and wanting to go home so I take comfort in knowing he is adjusting to BMT. Shane says the food is AWESOME!!! Here is a list of his typical day of eating for him... Breakfast, 4 Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, 2 hashbrown patties, an omelet, biscuit with cherries on top and an apple. Lunch, 4 Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, and whatever is there for lunch, Dinner, 4 Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches and whatever is on the dinner line. He has hot dogs, roast beef, chicken, onion rings and spaghetti...He is eating so that's always a good sign!!! I've never heard him eat so much in my life!! 27 more days and I will be in San Antonio to see him graduate!!! Buying the Puffs ahead of time cuz there is no doubt I will be an emotional wreck.
My creativity has been pretty much non existent... sad to say when I've got others asking for things and I cant seem to focus. Funny how there are certain things that can consume your thoughts and nothing else seems to matter...... but a reality check .. I need to get busy!! OH and for those inquiring minds that wondered what happened with the front door.... I came back from CA and it Steve had paid someone to paint it.... GLAD IT WASN'T ME DOING IT!!! Miracles do happen...

No comments: