Thursday, March 12, 2009

We Are Back!!

Well it's official and a done deal. Shane was sworn into the Air Force yesterday morning!! I am a VERY PROUD mom!
I do believe he is making the right choice for himself and no one is talking him into something he doesn't believe in or into doing something he truly doesn't feel good about. He has chosen several jobs that I feel confident and secure to do so I as a mom am happy. Now is the waiting patiently time. He can probably expect to go to boot camp in June or July but if a job is found sooner he will be called up earlier. I'm sure when the time comes I will be sad and the day I go to Portland to see him off and his final swear in will really hit me hard. BUT I have to remember that he is almost 20 and needs his own life aside from me.
While waiting yesterday in Portland for all that to take place Steve and I had some time to waste. So we went to breakfast at Elmers. I had the side order of biscuits and gravy... OH was it ever good!!! Sometimes the gravy can taste like it came right out of a jar but this was very pleasing or I was just that hungry! Then we went shopping. Went to IKEA. Never having been in one I didn't know what to expect. And now having been in one I'm not sure I need to go back in one. Too modern for me although they have alot of furniture and accessories it just wasn't my kinda things to buy. Then we went in this other store where Steve bought me this wonderful little cabin that lights up in the back. Of course taking the picture I couldn't get it to show lit up that way but you can see its adorable. I like shopping trips like that!! It was a long two days and I'm happy to be back home now!! I need to sew but have a list of things to do before... like get on the treadmill!!! So now instead of talking about it... I'm off to my walking!!! Have a beautiful day!!!!

No comments: