Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wondering minds...


Here is a pic of the two biggest accomplishments in my life, my son Shane and my daughter Laresa.
A few weeks ago I had posted about my daughter Laresa that was having heart issues. She has seen a cardiologist and found that she has a hole between her two atria that is causing her to live with afib on a constant basis. He instructed her to go off her medication and use it as a pocket pill only taking when she feels an episode coming on. BUT what that does do is experience the crummy afib, high racing pulses etc and you pop a pill and it takes 20-30 minutes to help. After having a few episodes the doctor she works for said to go back on the beta blockers. She was asked if she minded if they had her case reviewed at a large conference with doctors that specialize in heart etc problems. So today was that day.... and the results are not what I wanted to hear. Since it is an electrical problem within her the only thing they can tell her is that she will need a pacemaker eventually.... maybe 30 years from now or maybe tomorrow. Now I can honestly say my heart broke to hear that news. Not sure what the future holds or what her doctor will tell her tomorrow when he returns from the conference.. until then there doesn't look to be anything they can do for her......but wait : (

2 comments:

PEA said...

deb,
Don't be discouraged yet my friend. each person is unique and she is healthy otherwise. I bet it is a long time before this is the case. To hold to your faith sweetie. I am keeping her in our prayers.
blessings,Pea

angiesraggedypatch said...

Keeping you and your family in my prayers!
hugs~
angie