Thursday, November 27, 2008

Two things in life....

Lets just say... first off Happy Thanksgiving to everyone... and I AM SO DAMN GLAD ITS OVER!!! I have to start by thinking... hmm great idea.. Steves parents over for dinner, kids at home, my house is decorated just the way I like it... CHRISTMASY!!! Dinner gets done without and glitches,, food is great. BUT the after conversation was enough to make me drink another bottle of wine ALONE!!! Yep the subject that you dont speak about in this house... well two for that matter..... The wonderful subject of how wonderful this world is now that Obama is president elect ( CHOKE COUGH ) lets just say I have had my ass bitten, chewed and chunks are still laying in my dining room. I didnt have a prayer and YES I am republican and PROUD to be one!!! This truly turned out to be a shitty conversation, one that had my husband at the top of his nice voice asking that his parents quit talking!!! And if you know my husband.. thats not a nice voice. Then we get to hear how bad BUSH has been... etc etc. My sons tattoo gets noticed on his arm... In one direction it says JESUS and you turn your arm it says SAVES.... I love it... they didnt. And of course had to make a comment about the name... calling it HEY ZOOS almost mocking the name . I have been raked over the coals tonight my religious beliefs and my political... I cant take it anymore!!! OKay... second thing you dont talk to me about it religion!!! I am a Christian and proud also to say I am one, so are my children. My husband is Jewish and well lets just say they know everything and Im wrong. Wow not sure I can take Hanukkah this year!!! PRAY for me please???? Im drinking before I ever go to dinner!!!! No pics today... Im TOO upset!!!! Now I need to calm down and sew... hell not even going to sleep tonight cuz I have to be at wally world at 4:30am.... I am so sad!!!! Hope everyone else had a relaxing holiday... I had one I dont want to repeat EVER!!! I miss my mom!!!

3 comments:

homestead primitives said...

I had to chuckle at your latest entry blog.It sounds like it was a drama filled dinner. I would have l o v e d to have been there when the politics and Faith subjects came up
Isn't it just amazing how goggly eyed people are with B.O And the sad thing is I don't think they will ever see it the way we do. Salem,Or ~jessica

Dollgiver said...

Sad is right... I have to live with it as my family is all Republican and my husbands are all Democrats... Just two things you dont talk about normally in our family!! Not sure I will really get over this Thanksgiving and have plans next year to either be snowmobiling in the mountains or in CA with MY family!! Thanks for the comment.. glad someone feels as I do!!!
hugs...
debbie

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

I am with you Debbie, all the way !
This country of ours has flipped .. or flopped.. over that person.. go figure..
Thanksgiving's over.. whew !

And now for Christmas..
Hugs,
Linda